Wednesday, December 9, 2015

My Feet Firmly Planted... Gaze At The Stars.

I often want to take it all on.  I want to be the best at everything, push myself to success and of course never say "No". This is just out right crazy! What am I thinking? I can not be the best at everything, I am not perfect last I checked there is only one who is perfect; and that is not me. God is my shepherd and I will continue to do my best to live my life in his image, but the fact is I will fail time and time again. Frankly that is ok!

Over the past few months this revelation has come very clear to me. I have failed over and over again with my kids, my marriage, my jobs ect. Today I came home from our Community Day and I looked around in (lets be frank) disgust. My house is a mess, I had nothing planned for dinner, laundry has taken over my bed (and tonight I will more then likely push it all to the side and climb in). But I have realized that yes keeping a clean house is kinda important, dinner is very important and putting laundry away is well overrated. Non the less they are all things that are on my long list of things to do in a day. My kids are great and keeping up with their chores and are eggar to help but this week we are saying forget about it.

I am taking steps back from work, I am shifting my focus and changing my tone. I am living life with my feet firmly planted on the ground. I don't need to live a life of YES all the time, or one where I do it all. If someone offers to help me out I will take them up on that offer 99% of the time, because I know I can not do it all alone. I get these grand ideas of all the things we (my family) will get done in a year. Then when week 12 comes (this week) I take a look at that and go OH NO!!! We didn't get half this stuff done! I have failed my kids, my husband, my community, my family! Then I listen to my kids talk about things they have learned, share with others the things they have been doing. That is when I realize my feet where not firmly planted on the ground when I was writing up those lesson plans, I was shooting for the stars. The stars are for gazing not for catching.

My life is crazy, loud, messy, and it does not follow my lesson plans; stupid life! Just kidding this life is perfect and written down in Gods life plan for us. I do not have to follow my lesson plans, or work to be perfect. I just have to work at living out the life that God has planned and do my best at walking in Gods Image.

So know that you do not have to say "Yes" all the time, saying "No" is healthy so practice saying it. Live a life that brings you piece and happiness. Walk the path that God has laid out for you. Keep your feet planted firmly on the ground, just gaze at those stars you do not have to catch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment