Sunday, July 27, 2014

New Adventures

Every year we encounter my changes and new adventures. Whether it is with our children’s activities, education or in our own personal life maybe it is a new job, or responsibilities.  We as humans are always changing, evolving, improving and challenging ourselves right?! Well for me this year has been about making a difference. I have taken many steps to do this both in my personal and family life as well as in my professional life. Let me explain.

So within my family life I have taken on the role as a homeschool teacher. This is something that I have grown passionate about and I look forward to this crazy journey. This decision has also impacted my personal life.  I have made the conscious decision to give up that free time during the day to spend more time one on one with my kids. Help them to grow and to become the amazing little people that I know they can be. In return I have made a deal with my husband that I will get to have one night a week to myself or with my girl friends outside of my “work”. This is a big move for my family and I am so excited about it. I know I have shared some about the HS journey and I really cannot wait to dive in and share it all with you!

Now for my professional life I recently was asked to volunteer my time to help a charity that means a lot to me. This charity is called Hackers For Charity.  They are amazing, and I am truly blessed to be a part of the home front team. HFC is located in Uganda, and is truly making an impact there. Here is a blurb from their website “Picking on charities is just plain rude. Thankfully, that’s not what we’re about. We’re about proving that hackers have amazing skills that can transform charitable organizations. We support the organizations that step into the gap to feed, educate and provide for the world’s most vulnerable citizens. We are virtual, geographically diverse and different. We are Hackers for Charity.” How amazing is that?! So what is my “job”? Well it is to ship orders out to people in the USA. Orders of hand made leather goodies made by the men and women in Uganda. They are making beautiful wallets, journals, business card sleeves, key chains, bracelets, iPhone covers and so much more. So WHEN you buy one or ten of these amazing and beautiful products they will be hand made in Uganda shipped to me in the US and I will ship them off to you. How cool is that! My goal is to eventually make it out to Uganda and Meet these talented men and women. 

My professional life will continue to be busy as I am looking to start a Girl Talk Chapter in my area. Girl Talk is a partner with Thirty-One Gives and is an organization that every girl needs in their life. Girl Talk is here for girls in Jr. High to find the strength, comfort, love and support they need to be themselves as they move into high school. They get this from a high school senior and myself. High school is a hard transition for anyone but especially girls.  Girls in this day and age are looked at and judged in so many ways. Add in social media and it just makes it harder to be the true you, be accepted and to learn to love yourself. Girl Talk’s Mission “To help young teenagers build self-esteem, develop leadership skills, and recognize the value of community service.” I feel very strongly about this organization as I have a daughter and I remember how hard it was to be a teen.  I want girls to grow up viewing themselves as amazing and beautiful inside and out! I cannot wait to touch the lives of these girls and to see how the new GT Chapter gets started and grows.

I look forward to these new opportunities and being able to touch the lives of so many.  I pray that everyone takes on new adventures this year (I know it is not the new year but it is never to late). God has put it on my heart to touch the lives of others and I am excited to do that. If you follow me on Facebook you may see me talking a lot about the things mentioned above as well as some powerful fundraisers I have either set up or in mind through Thirty-one. Keep an eye out for these!

Thirty-one has opened many doors for me and has introduced me to many amazing people. I am excited to return the favor and open the doors for many people and make a difference in lives!

Please take the time now to check out my new partners and the new adventures I am going on.
Hackers For Charity (HFC): http://www.hackersforcharity.org

If you would like to get involved with either of these amazing organizations, learn more about what they do and what I do with them, Or would like to make a change for your personal life please contact me and I will be happy to help you and point you in the right direction! Thank you and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment