Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Start of Race Season

So my husband is a race junkie and loves to get out in to the wilderness. I on the other hand like the parks, playgrounds and the beach. However I have made the commitment to get more active and more involved in what my love loves to do. So about a few months ago he asked me to partake in what is called the Raccoongaine. This is an orienteering race, you get a map with points on it. You take your compass and a camelback and head out into the woods. The object is to find the most amount of check points and earn as many points as you can.  So this past weekend was the big day! I geared up and joined my husband on this big first race of the season.

I have done the Susan G Komen 3 day walk, a warrior dash and this Raccoongaine. They have all been fun and life changing in their own ways. The 3 day walk was inspirational, moving and powerful, Warrior dash was exhausting, challenging and fun and the Raccoongaine was fun and helped to connect me back to nature and God.

During the Raccoongaine my hubby told me to enjoy the day and to just have fun. So thats exactly what I did. I looked around at the beautiful scenery, took in the wilderness and enjoyed Gods Grace. I stopped to take pictures and look at some strange planets sprouting up from the ground. We ended up having positive numbers and made it back in the 3 hour time limit.

I challenge you to get out and do something you never thought you would do. Experience something that your spouse is passionate about. Reconnect with God, nature, and your soul. You may be surprised as to what these things can and will do for you and how they will change your life.

Psalm 24:1-2 - The earth is the LORD's and all that is in it, the world, and those who live in it; for God has founded it on the seas, and established it on the rivers.

Even though it was cold, and exhausting it was beautiful and and so rewarding! 








No comments:

Post a Comment