Monday, February 24, 2014

Your going to do what?!

Homeschooling is not something you decided to do on a whim, you don't take the idea lightly. It is a big family decision, at least for us it was. It is one that you all have to be on board with and be truly committed to, for there is no wiggle room. With that being said be prepared for many people to question your decision, criticize you, judge you and think you are a horrible mom.

I have not yet started the official homeschool process, however we are doing one day a week right now as our daughter is still in preschool. We have also made the final decision that homeschool was our path. I spent 4 years thinking about what I was going to do when my daughter got into kindergarten. I spent many nights praying on it, talking to friends who HS and reading as much as my little brain could comprehend. HS is the right path for us, for right now.

For us I felt that public school was being destroyed, it scared me. I wanted a place where my kids were free to be Christians, eat the foods we eat and learn the truth about our history. I also wanted them to be safe. I know I can't protect them from this crazy world we live in forever, but I can do my best while I have them here with me. I felt that the only true option was homeschooling.

I am looking forward to what this new Journey will bring to our family.  How it will bring us closer, help us to grow, and how we explore education, God, nature and people. I pray that whatever your journey is, wither it is one of Homeschooling, private school or public school you find the peace in it. Don't worry what others say it is how you and your family feel that truly matters.

Proverbs 22:6 Says "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."

John 17:15 Says "I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one."

No comments:

Post a Comment